Hi all! This post isn't thought provoking or inspirational..just a note to catch you all up on life at the Vigil's.
This past week Ashley and I have been pouring hours and hours into schooling trying to get her prepared for the state testing next week. Since our homeschooling is actually through the State of Colorado, she's subject to the dreaded CSAPs. I think we are both thrilled that it’s Friday!!! Please pray for her testing next Monday - Wednesday to go well, and for her to stay focused (that’s her biggest problem).
This month was so fun getting to speak at various places, but after the intensity of preparation and presentation, my body has taken a forced siesta and I’m battling a stubborn cold. Hope that will go away soon. Jeff seems to have something going wrong with his poor "old" body every day. Sometimes it's knees, last night it was stomach trouble. He's much more subject to stress than am I and I think the job is taking its toll. Please pray that the Lord provide a quick transition to Africa before Jeff falls apart!!
I went to see a hormone doctor a couple weeks ago to figure out why I’m losing my memory and constantly crabby. She put me on a vitamin regimen and severely restricted my diet. No “white” foods like pasta, potatoes, white rice, ice cream or anything else that makes eating fun like cheese or sugar of any kind is allowed to pass my lips. …and she thinks this will improve my mood?????? Not likely, though I have lost 10 lbs. Thank heavens she didn't take my coffee away!! She also told me that if I get the munchies I should tear into two or three heads of Romain lettuce. Umhmm. Do I look like the Big Green Rabbit? Oh yes, and she told me to exercise (the nerve of her!) If I’m able to keep up this insane eating pattern, I may actually be able to fit in an airline seat without putting the arm up when we head to Kenya! ;)
We may have a buyer for the Durango we've been trying to sell for the last year. A friend got rear-ended really badly a couple weeks ago, and his truck is totalled. Praise the Lord he's fine, but he needs a new vehicle. He's going to test drive ours this weekend and if he likes it, he'll buy it. Please pray that he doesn't change his mind, that the truck performs well for him, and that he likes it. It would be nice to be rid of that insurance payment! Oh, while you're at the throne, would you please pray for that sale to be finalized by April 15th. We need to use the $$ for taxes as we owe Uncle Sammy this year.
Jeff's Aunt Faye went into the hospital last Friday with a suddenly discovered brain tumor. They operated on Sunday morning and she went home on Wednesday. Amazing how fast the medical system takes us through the process, isn't it? The surgery went well and the surgeon felt he got the whole thing. She has good motor function and now just needs to heal. Thanks to you prayer warriors who prayed for her! Please keep her full recovery in your prayers as well.
We watched Ben Stein's movie, Expelled, last night. I wasn't sure what to expect as I'm not typically a big Ben Stein fan, but I must say it was chilling! If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do. The most horrifying thing I learned was that Hitler espoused Darwinism. It was that belief set that got him thinking he should do his part to further "natural selection" and purify the human race. Yikes! And to think that Darwinists truly believe that getting rid of "religion" will make this a better world! Have they learned nothing from history?
Thanks for praying for us and for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment