Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good News / Bad News

Well, the verdict is in on Jeff's knee. After seeing the surgeon on Monday, we found out exactly what he'd done to realign the kneecap and fix the meniscus tear. To sum it up...Ouch!

Jeff is healing well, though. Today he starts six weeks of physical therapy. Sadly, that means leaving at the end of September is no longer possible.

We also filled in the doctor on our plans for moving. To this he replied that we should not even consider leaving until Jeff was fully recovered...12 weeks from now. So, with a sad heart, I let our director in Kenya know that we wouldn't be expected until December now. I know that puts them in a bad spot. The director, assistant director, and accountant are struggling to handle their own jobs, plus those of treasurer, IT director, personnel, and media director. To top that off, the assistant director is scheduled to go on home assignment very soon, leaving 8 jobs to 2 people. Please pray for them and the staff who works with them as they handle this difficult task.

The good news is that we really feel the Lord's blessing on December, and feel that this will be the last time we have to move out our departure date. "Christmas in Kenya" is our new mantra! :)

I know that God's timing is perfect and all these delays are part of His plan. I also know that he's got a way for us to live, financially, for the next three months, though I can't foresee how He'll do that. Trust and faith are how we are living now -- even more so than we've done for the last two years. It's good to be here...takes a lot of pressure off having to sweat, and worry, and plan.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4: 4, 6-7

No comments: